In my hut: 9/2/08 (Feb. 9)

Communication has greatly improved since last Sunday! It must be a sign things will be over soon. I got a phone call! Yup me! It was Andrea. She said everyone had been concerned and worried about us! I figured that she probably knew about the coup because of being in communication with Stan , the short term pilot from Cdale, but apparently my parents had known! And were a bit (to put it lightly) concerned! She said Maria found out Sat night. Good ol’ Tia Sole who loves the BBC. That was all fairly early on. Then since Andrea’s helping Gail out while she’s on a business trip on Monday when Daddy called the SM office and was concerned for me it was Andrea, someone he knew who was able to talk to him. She just told him all she had been doing to stay informed which was basically checking our three bogs. Mom called too and it was again Andrea who was able to talk to her. Through out Friday night both Liz and Esther talked with their parents and they reported that my dad had been in contact with them trying to see what they knew as well. And here I thought no body knew about little ol’ Tchad being crazy. Andrea said she was very glad to be talking to me. I’m glad she was working in the SM office because she already had a relationship with my parents and I bet it was better for my dad to be talking to her plus since it was important for Southern to contact us to check up on us she was able to call on Southern’s watch. Thanks Dr Beitz :o)

As I was talking to her my heart overflowed because people were concerned for my safety. My parents included. While the whole time I’ve been safe out here in Béré, I just assumed no one knew. Not because they didn’t care about my safety but simply because Tchad’s small and what African country doesn’t have a coup ever few years? We never really knew about Rwanda and that was 1000000 billion times worse. I’ve wanted to call someone all week to tell them I was okay but besides the fact that I couldn’t I not want to make a big concern over something that wasn’t bringing me danger. But people did know and people were concerned for my safety! I wasn’t alone! People prayed for me and sent angles to help put here and in N’djamena. I haven’t heart yet what happened in the capital yet. Maybe the rebs did leave for good or will they attack today or tomorrow? Who knows. . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

500 stories.

Phase 2