My new old friend, Ashley Angelo.

Well I'm here. After a year away from one of my biggest passions, summer camp ministry, I am back. The staff have all gathered from literally around the world and we are starting to work together. We are practicing our pirate plays, we are singing our camp songs, we are laughing, detoxing from sleeping more than 7 hours a night and most of all we are praying.

Last night was our Agape meal and communion. My heart was in, and had been all week, in a state of over drive. I had so many thoughts running through my head and I felt so many burdens on my heart that I was afraid that I might cry. When it came time for foot washing I was praying that God could help me, that He could send someone for me to connect with and that we could support each other this summer. While I had no idea who, He did. As I was turning to look around for someone to pray with I heard my name being called and saw that it was my friend Ashley Angelo. It was so amazing to see how God could help me in such a fast way! Already this summer she and I had 'connected' and thought the same way, whether it was a verse in a song, a joke to share or wearing the same coloured staff shirt, and just that evening I was wearing a shirt that I had found in lost and found, unknowing that it was hers!

So we prayed together and for each other. My heart and mind are still over run with thoughts, but not as bad because I know that God is helping me to give them over to Him with the help of my friend Ashley.

May the summer camp season begin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

500 stories.