Wednesday 7th of July

Dear Diary,

Today I almost froze my butt off, LITERALLY!


Beth and I floated down the Merced River in the Yosemite Valley. Upon entering it we almost chickened ou
t. It was sooooo cold and we only had our inner-tubes to keep us afloat. We managed to get in them with out falling in, oy!

I thought perhaps on my stomach might keep more things out of the frigid water. . . nope! I almost stopped breathing it hurt so bad. I had to get in the water and wade back to the shore--painfully. I haven't ever been that cold! I got back on and braced myself for the nice long ride. At one point we poked our bottoms to see if we could feel anything and . . . we COULDN'T!

It was a nice float. We had awesome views of the surroundings.
Once our bums were numb it was nice.

Paddling was difficult at times and we had to keep it short for fear of my arms freezing and falling off.

All in all it was a delightful trip. I'd go again. . . in a few weeks when the temperature of the water has had time to go up :) To much snow melting for now!

Comments

Elisa said…
way to be an adventurer! does the water ever warm up though?

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

500 stories.

Phase 2