Church outside of Arusha, Tanzania

I loved church. I loved walking by myself to church, going through the village. It helped me proccess many things. I felt like I could belong and that perhaps one day see myself fitting in. I was able to practice local greetings, smile at children and explore the paths that lead to and from church.
God worked the timing out right so that I met up with Jordan and her kids right as they were leaving Sabbath School. The whole pack of us --something like 20 kids (two homes combined) trooped right in during the announcements and sat right in the front. The church was full for the most part. It's a fairly large church I guess since the University of Arush (the local Seventh-day Adventist Church) is right there. I'll be a little honest I was a bit sad that we didn't sing the doxology in Kiswahili. I have been practicing it since last November when I first started praying for Tanzania. We sang many songs in English and there were a few special musics, they were at least in Kiswahili. I have a few videos of that to post later. The sermon was in 2 langugaes. In fact all of it was in two languages-- Kiswahili and English. Afterwards Jordan and I walked back to the Havilla orphanage together.

On the way back to meeting the others it was so nice to be alone and just think and walk. I loved being on the path and soaking up all the sights and sounds. Once I arrived back with everyone else I had lunch and it was time to throw some things into my bag for our Ngorongoro Crater Safari!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sonya! I just love reading about your adventures :) You inspire me. Lots of love to you!!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

500 stories.

Phase 2