The woods.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
and be one traveler
Long I stood
And stood
And stood.
Then looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth
Knowing how way leads on to way
I fear for both, uncertain of today

Both roads are grassy and wanting wear.
Both roads are having the better claim.

Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I won't be coming back?
To choose another would be to
Deny the other
Both are grassy and wanting wear.

I stopped and paused at
Two roads that diverged in a yellow wood
And prayed for help to travel both
I looked above as long as I could
For today I had
Tomorrow I didn't
When I saw someone coming,
AH, a friend, then another and another.
Help had come as I knew it would.
To cheer for me on the path I took.
But for today-

But for today- a place to rest.
For though there are two roads in a yellow wood
I am in a spot made for waiting and living
Only to take the next path when needed.

And that will make all the difference.

Comments

Anthony said…
That was so good Sonya. I know what you mean. Thank you so much for sharing.
kessia reyne said…
I like, I like, I LIKE!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

500 stories.

Phase 2