i longed for a time, which i was sure was not very far away, when my horizon would be widened by looking through the eyes of another.
~margaret bourke-white
25 Days of Christmas.
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Here'stoChristmasCheer!
25 days of wearing Christmas joy.
*it's hard work, I can't say I'm not glad it's over.
I am on the move again. I know that I'm hard to get ahold of or that I'm always going somewhere new but this time I'm not. I'm going back to a place I've been before, a place that I have called home. I'm moving to Oakhurst, California. The town right outside the Southern entrance to Yosemite National Park. I am their new Kindergarden teacher. That's right, a bunch of little kids and I are going to learn together We are going to conquer the world of colors, numbers and letters. We will go where no other 5 and 6 year old have gone before! We will explore the outdoors, our imaginations and the world of knowledge. It is going to be grand. After I finish up here in Arizona I'm heading up and over, school starts in a little bit and I've got a classroom to prepare. God is good. "For I know the plans I have for you, "says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you hope and a future ." Jeremiah 29:1...
Technology. When I first lived outside of America I still had to use calling cards, a floppy disk to transfer emails from one computer to the next and I had personalized cd mixes from friends. That was in 2004. Fourteen years later I video chatted with Tessa and Lou, two friends--at the same time, one was in Perth, Australia and the other was in Brisbane, Australia. We had a mostly clear conversation for an hour without any interruption. I was on my laptop and they were on theirs. It's crazy! Another video chat with friends in Ohio. Living here in Phnom Penh I am quite spoiled. I have internet almost everywhere I go, from a coffee cart to my favorite dinner place, they all have wifi. Even if they didn't have wifi I get more than enough weekly data in my plan that costs all of $1. It's incredible! I am easily connected to EVERYONE! I can talk to my dad in Texas with a better connection than when I lived in California! It's incredible. A few months back my p...
Comments