i longed for a time, which i was sure was not very far away, when my horizon would be widened by looking through the eyes of another.
~margaret bourke-white
Attitude-Awareness-Authenticity
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
I've been reminded a lot lately to enjoy the simple things in life, to enjoy the moment right now for what it is and to be real. This talk inspires me more.
I am on the move again. I know that I'm hard to get ahold of or that I'm always going somewhere new but this time I'm not. I'm going back to a place I've been before, a place that I have called home. I'm moving to Oakhurst, California. The town right outside the Southern entrance to Yosemite National Park. I am their new Kindergarden teacher. That's right, a bunch of little kids and I are going to learn together We are going to conquer the world of colors, numbers and letters. We will go where no other 5 and 6 year old have gone before! We will explore the outdoors, our imaginations and the world of knowledge. It is going to be grand. After I finish up here in Arizona I'm heading up and over, school starts in a little bit and I've got a classroom to prepare. God is good. "For I know the plans I have for you, "says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you hope and a future ." Jeremiah 29:1...
Technology. When I first lived outside of America I still had to use calling cards, a floppy disk to transfer emails from one computer to the next and I had personalized cd mixes from friends. That was in 2004. Fourteen years later I video chatted with Tessa and Lou, two friends--at the same time, one was in Perth, Australia and the other was in Brisbane, Australia. We had a mostly clear conversation for an hour without any interruption. I was on my laptop and they were on theirs. It's crazy! Another video chat with friends in Ohio. Living here in Phnom Penh I am quite spoiled. I have internet almost everywhere I go, from a coffee cart to my favorite dinner place, they all have wifi. Even if they didn't have wifi I get more than enough weekly data in my plan that costs all of $1. It's incredible! I am easily connected to EVERYONE! I can talk to my dad in Texas with a better connection than when I lived in California! It's incredible. A few months back my p...
So many thoughts tumble around in my head. I've had some bubble out and some sink in. These are just a few. Texting like it was water to a dying plant Pintrest has given me renewed inspiration and ideas for my classroom Learning to play the cello Listening to my new favorite album The Goad Rodeo Session with Yo-Yo Ma, Chris Thile (from Nickel Creek fame) and a few other guys I don't know. Learning how to teach math, reading and phonics Preaching a sermon on faith like a child Painting art for my house/room Growing plants (I love green) Paying bills Friendship and what it means to be honest about thoughts and feelings Hunting in thrift stores for great finds to put in my house Dressing like a kindergarten teacher, think Mrs Frizzle :) Banging my head against a wall coming up with lesson plans :/ Feeding and watering our class pet: King Brownie the Fluffy Lion Lizard Hiking around up at Wawona Baking cookies Talking on the phone to make up for lost ...
Comments