It's Friday, Friday, Friday. . .


There are lots of things I like about my job.

I get to make up fun sentences for spelling tests.

Once: Once I bought a cow with my money.
Shoe: I just put my shoe on a giant's toe.
Yesterday: Yesterday I ate only ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Tomorrow: We will go to space tomorrow.

Sometimes I think I distract the students to much with my sentences. You should try it sometime. It's a lot of fun and good for the brain.

I like telling stories from the Bible. When we play Bible trivia I get to tell cool stories explaining who people are. Recently I've been seeing them as real people not just a story I read about but real live humans who had struggles and highs just like me. I hope it comes across to them as an exciting story.
Today it was a bit about Nehemiah. Earlier it was about David and Solomon. Such cool people, WHO ARE REAL!

We get to draw pictures. That's right, pictures for school. Who doesn't love that?


Thankfully recently I have been able to breath again. The job is finding it's place in this world (that song always makes me giggle.) I'm able to leave before 8 pm and I don't feel like the worst person in the world.

It's Christmas time! We're in charge of the service at church tomorrow! I think they will be great! The little sheep, angels and all other characters. I'm excited, scared but hey who doesn't like a kid dressed up in a Bible costume? The Grinch? No, even his heart would grow two sizes.

That's all. Busy, busy, busy.



Comments

Christoffer said…
I like your sentences, but I do not understand the drawing. It's great though, really great.
Sandy Keele said…
I'm sure it went well today...would love to have been there. You are a wonderful teacher, Sonya..you have to be cause your bloggs are interesting. I printed the one about mr. rogers cause it spoke to me and i knew it would my friend too, whom i gave it to. Love you!!!
Andrea said…
Ok, my mom is consistently beating me to your blog these days. Anyway...you listed some of the major things I miss about teaching. Especially when I could breathe and not feel like the worst person in the world. :) Enjoy them for me, you energetic teacher you! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

500 stories.