24 March 2020--Day 1

My goal for today was to survive the first leg of time-travel-lag. I find it harder to survive when traveling back in time. I even got out and walked around the house for 30 min, it was like recess and by the end I was that one kid who wanted to get back inside so I could get out of the cold.
Day 1 Self-Isolation tattoo number 1.


  • I made soup to keep warm.
  • Watched a couple episodes of my favorite show: West Wing.
  • I talked on the phone to a lot of people since I was muuuuch closer to their time zone.
  • My friends loaned me their cat so I could have company since Chmaachi, my cat, couldn't make the journey. Let me tell you Chmaachi is TINY or American cats are HUGE! With his cage my cat only weighs 5 kilos. This cat you have to make sure you lift with your legs! Merle's a good cat, he's bright eyed and fluffy but he's not the same as Chmaachi. I'm grateful for him none the less because when I'm talking out loud I can at least pretend I'm talking to the cat.
  • I've been making random noises that narrate my day- "Yay, it's bathroom time!" or "Ta-dah! We did it." (that one I said when I made it through the day and could go to sleep, oh time-travel-lag you beast) the best is the cheer I make when the heater comes back on and I don't have to jump around to warm up.
  • I even got to join a zoom meeting for work! Granted it was 8 pm my time and early morning for them. It was good to see their faces and realize it would be possible to work from here, not idea but doable. 


Overall it was a cold but good adjustment day.

Tomorrow I'll do more. I've got a puzzle of Starry Night (my favorite painting), nail polish, and yoga on the schedule!

T-shirt, overalls, jumper, down vest, scarf and head band to stay warm.

The deer came to visit--from a sociably acceptable distance.


Not a bad place to self-isolate. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.