25 March -- Day 2

Goal for today: to not succumb to time-travel-lag.

*heads up* I failed the goal for today. I took a beautiful hardcore two hour nap. It happens.

It's funny how I would LOVE to take a day off work to sit and read or watch tv at any other time in life. Now that I only can do that I wander around in circles in the living room. I think I'm afraid to give myself permission to lounge and I feel like I need to be productive. It would also be different if I was in the middle of an epic book or book series, so if you have any suggestions now would be the time to share!

This guy looks like Brian Regan
Emo guy.
This morning I cultured myself. My friend sent me the link for the Met Opera in NYC and we watched an epic story called: Das Rheingold, in English it's The Ring. It's a 4 part opera that is familiar to Lord of the Rings. . . you could guess as to what is similar, I don't need to tell you. The stage was awesome! It was simple but could change and look very different for each scene. There were mermaids, well technically they were called Rheinmaidens and good and bad guys. I liked the first bad guy cause he was rejected in love and sweated a lot, two things I can connect with (he's not pictured). I did some multi tasking during it so it's hard to always follow with what's going on as it's in German and you need to read the subtitles. It was awesome though and I'm glad I've spent the 3 hours of my morning on it. (Just so you know night two is over 4 hours. You have the time to watch it, you know you do!)

Loki? Is that you?





I am making myself go for a walk outside in the yard everyday, the recess I mentioned yesterday. Today it was sprinkling but I went, granted I told myself I only had to do 15 min BUT it turned into 30 because the sun cam out for a glorious half hour!!!!! I was so grateful for the sunshine. I was able to even take off my hat and gloves! The weather over all was very snuggly and stay inside today, I'll blame that for my time-travel-lag nap.




*It's 6:30 pm and he deer are back for dinner in the yard*

I'll end with what I started my morning with. I read a chapter from Steps to Christ (free online HERE) and I read my favorite chapter, The Privilege of Prayer. Here's the quote from today:

"Keep your wants, your joys, your sorrows, your cares, and your fears before God. You cannot burden Him; you cannot weary Him. He who numbers the hairs of your head is not indifferent to the wants of His children." -Steps to Christ"We give great honor to those who endure under suffering. Job is an example of a man who endured patiently. From his experience we see how the Lord's plan finally ended in good, for he [God] is full of tenderness and mercy." James 5:11


Do it or emo opera guy will be very disappointed with you.




Stay safe if you have to go out, wash your hands and help each other.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Loki-operaman looks like Peyton Manning!?!?

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.