I took my first long weekend adventure this last weekend. At RAW Impact the expat volunteers get a long weekend a month, to which I am very grateful! I was looking forward to this one for a long time! It was right before a very busy next three months.
- We left Friday afternoon to head for Kampot, Cambodia and arrived in good time (4ish hours) missing the evil traffic of Friday afternoon! Wahoo.
- We stayed at a great family type hotel right on the river (Villa Vedici). We could sit by the pool, see the river and the mountains. It was INCREDIBLE.
- We adventured by the pool and river all Saturday. It was incredibly relaxing.
- We also rented a two person kayak and went up river. It was beautiful, also very hard to kayak! It's not like canoeing, it's harder. (No pictures of this because I didn't want to loose my phone/camera)
- We rented a scooter on Sunday to explore Bokor Mountain National Park. Soooooo very worth it too! It was cooler air, green trees, big rocks...everything I love. We even found most of the ruins and explored them as well.