what time is church?

Good grief. I wanted to go hear the head pastor at Collegedale SDA church preach this morning. I assumed that the service would start at 11:30 or 11:45. Boy was I wrong. I was so confused as to what time anything started, or where it was. Here's the options I had today: 9am, 10:15 am, 11:30 and 11:45!!! The 9 and 10:15 were called Adoration, they are the 'classic' services. The 11:30 service is called Connect, it is what was known as the 3rd when I was a freshman. It is a multigenerational contemporary worship service and it's at Collegedale Academy. Then the 11:45 service is called Renewal and it's what was called SMC, Student Missionary Church when I was at Southern. But now it's at the Collegedale Church Sanctuary, it's run by mainly students. Anyway, it was crazy because I got there at 11:30 and missed the service I wanted, and ended up being late to the service that I went to. It's crazy all the options. In fact I've heard that to many options are bad. I wonder if that could be the case here. . .

Comments

Missionary Girl said…
I totally agree. Life is so much simpler with less options :)

And I'm glad you like GCA.
Andrea said…
It's not really that complicated, but whatever. All it takes is a little reading of the bulletin...a little less "I only want to hear Nixon..." and you would have been just fine... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.