farewell america. . .

i can't believe i am leaving now. i feel like i have been waiting for this moment and BAM now it's here. well here goes nothing!

i think the reason i am more afraid this time(as compared to when i went to honduras) is because as someone pointed out to me, my eyes are WIDE open. I know what all this involves! i have seen the hardships, i have cried because of them, i've been out one year and i have worked in the student missionary office for two. i know full well what i have gotten myself into. yet i still go. my fear will subside, i've already started praying that God take it away, and He is.

the next time i write i will be in tchad, africa. and just so you know that's a minimum of 16 hours by plane not to mention who knows howmany hours by car/bus/moter car. i can't wait!

i do not say goodbye, i say see you later. so. . . "See you later"

Comments

Anonymous said…
i will miss you mi ormiguita!!!!! you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know you'll be a much needed blessing to the people there.

muchos besitos y abrazos para ti!

tia s
Anonymous said…
See you later! Thank you for being an example of how to trust in God.
Andrea said…
Yeah--you've got double the courage this time, sister. Good on ya! Until Chad...over and out.
Jo said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said…
Sonya,
I wish you well on your adventure. God is with you! You are in my prayers. I pray for safe travels for you, and that you will have a safe, eventful year. Learn lots of cool things. Take a lot of cool pictures so you will remember all your fun times, and so you can share with the rest of us. I know you will be changed in ways none of us know. I am a little jealous that you get to go and help those that need it. I love you. Love Joni
Anonymous said…
Well, by the time you read this you will be in Tchad, doing amazing things! I wish you well... just a question, do you have a pillow? lol I love you Sonya!!!
Mabel said…
I know you are brave!! I love you Sonya Faye!!
Mom
Andrea said…
Where are you....? Cyberspace is just not the same without you...

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.