3 ways God has reveled Himself to me.

1. On Monday I was talking to Solomon, the American house cook, and we were chatting about the food he was making and I was learning how to make it. As Hans (who speaks both Spanish and French fluently because he graduated with them as his major) was leaving he overheard me talking and Hans told me that my French is getting good! Praise God, I’ve been praying everyday that the Holy Spirit would bless me with the ability to communicate with French and He has! That evening even Clarice (oldest girl in famil) said something along the lines of either I am speaking well or that I am just speaking a lot of French that day. Praise God for the gift of languages.
2. Sarah (now Esther) Liz and I decided we needed to find a way to hang out because we don’t get to see each other very much at work now-a-days. So on the same Monday as above, they came over to my hut in the evening to watch a ‘classic’ African sunset. As we were sitting on my mat right by the compound entrance Ama came out and asked if we would like some food, so being polite we said, “Yes, please”. As Ama was bringing the food out I told Liz that I saw her making those fried potatoes sticks that she loves so much and maybe we will get some. So she prayed we would. When the food was brought out it was boul (sticky rice so that you pick it with your fingers and dip it in the sauce) and sesame ball sauce. Then as soon as Ama went back in she came out and put a plate of the potatoes wedges on our tray!! God heard Liz’s prayer. He reminded us that He is still with us and cares if we are hungry, because we were and the sauce wasn’t our favorite. Praise God for small prayers.
3. After the girls had left I went and laid down on the mat with my famil, I had to explain why we were now calling Sara, Esther. It wasn’t too hard to get the point across. And since we were on the subject of names I thought I would tell htem that I wanted a name in Topori, their tribal language. So they said okay, and Gungadid, who was laying as usual right next to me suggested the name that sounds something like, Myjame, and after translating it into French and then struggling to get the translation into English I was very surprised. Those of you who have spent time with me would most likely use the words random, loud, crazy, bouncy to describe me. Well that’s why when I discovered the translation in French is Paix; I was surprised because paix means peace and calm. That to me leaves no doubt but that my famil, my little Gungadin doesn’t actually see me. He sees our heavenly Father in my life! Your prayers for me here are being used! The people must see something different if they don’t see me but they see Peace, perhaps they even see the Prince of Peace in my life! Praise God for working in a sinner like me!



God is so good! Feel free to share with me what God is doing in your lives back home. He is present in all of our lives even if we are in Africa or Arizona.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.