Jim Elliot

While in N’Djamena I read the book that inspired the movie “End of the Spear” an amazing movie and book called Through the Gates of Splendor, it should be the next thing you read or movie you watch. The Author is Jim Elliot’s wife, Elisabeth Elliot, and she has put the story together quite well. I wanted to share a few of the quotes that I really thought deep and poignant to life.



“I dare not stay at home while the Quichuas [a tribe in Ecuador] perish. What if the well-filled church in the homeland needs stirring? They have the Scriptures, Moses, and their prophets, and a whole lot more. Their condemnation is written on their bank books and in the dust on their Bible covers” pg 19



“Every now and then I ask for something –a little thing, perhaps, and something answers. Maybe it’s only me, but something answers, and makes the request sound so funny that I laugh at myself and feel that He is smiling with me.” Pg 18



The one that tops them all is:



“Wherever you are, be all there.

Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of GOD” pg 20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.