Malaria. . . another one bites the dust. . .

So the meds I took for malaria 3 weeks ago weren’t strong enough or the mosquitoes are crazy bad this year. Could be both. I started feeling funny again when I was in the capital. I thought it might be something but waited to see. Then I thought it might be because I ate too many guavas’ one day, and then I figured I’d better get tested. And guess what! .05% paludisma. Yup, got the ole bug again. This time I’m on quianane, James says that should get’er done. I just hate the stuff, it makes your ears ring, head light and I still feel sick. (I would like to apologise to Christine because I didn’t believe it was this weird. But it is.) I need to eat right before I take it or it will make me sick so I get to snack in the evenings and mornings. But never fear, as I write this I have been taking it for almost 5 days and I feel great, just a little ringing. The malaria is almost gone and I don’t feel bad—anymore. Malaria just makes me really tired and my stomach gross, hot/cold flashes (like menopause) and a headache. The bad part is it comes and goes so you think you are okay, but your not! I think next time I should be able to guess it right on the first day. We will see!

Comments

Andrea said…
Darn. I hope you can make it through this year. Getting malaria twice in six weeks sounds a bit much, but glad you're making it through ok and learning to recognize what it feels like this time. Get well soon!
Unknown said…
No apology needed sweetie!! I just hope you feel better soon. We miss you guys! Tonight we worked on a presentation we're doing and looking at all the pictures together, while eating beans and rice, made me really "Tchadsick." Cherish the time you have there and be a beacon of God's love (especially to our boys!). We are praying for you. Tell Kahabe hi from all of us.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Almost nearly perfectly content.

Phase 2