Sick and tired of sick and tired.

Have you ever been sick and it feels like you have been sick for days on end? Well that’s how I feel right now. I have contracted what already three others in my famil have had: a Tchadian bird flu. I got it officially on Tuesday and was quite miserable on Wednesday. I’ve had a fever and more sweat than a monkey on the sun. It would just run down my face. And it didn’t help that the last few days have been really extra hot, so I’ve been told because I was hot anyway. So I’ve felt like the last few weeks I’ve really not been much use to anyone except the tissue makers and the malaria pill makers. Since I went to the capital, whenever that was, I’ve been sick. First with malaria, again, then with this. While in all actuality it might only be 1 week it doesn’t matter because time to me is nothing. I am now on what I believe to be the homeward bound stretch. Only a runny nose now, unless I take one of the few sinus pills I brought with me that makes me really sleepy. At least I am really adapting to all the local maladies. Silly continent switch, makes all my previous immunities useless. I don’t think I’ve been this continually sick in the states—ever, least not that I remember. So send prayers and get well flowers :o) But know that by the time the flowers get here I’ll be better and I’ll use the seeds to plant in my flower garden outside my hut.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.