Happy Half Birthday

Anyone out there who knows me knows that I love to celebrate life. One way I have found to celebrate is by celebrating half birthdays. My half birthday was yesterday, October 22. Six months exactly until April 22 the day of my birth. So in typical Sonya fashion we celebrated. Liz and Ester had worked the night shift so they had the day time off. Around 1ish we started making some what was going to be yummy granola. We cut up guava, almonds, and mixed it up with some dry milk, honey, oats, Uncle Sam's cereal, seedy things from the market, peanut flour, peanuts and peanut oil (they are popular here). Things were going great with the mixture until we tasted the first round of finished granola . . . then we realized NO this was not good. We didn't ever finish it, we hoped that someone else would like it and finish it, we were too dejected to finish. But never fear the festivities were not over, they continued into the afternoon. We four SM's were going to hang out at Hans' hut and make some tasty backpacking food. The menu consisted of lasagna, raspberry crumble and iced peach tea. After buying some coals to start our fire and get our water boiling we mixed the water in the plastic bag they came in. Ten minutes later-Voila! You have food made by gourmet chefs! Then we tried the lasagna . . . hummm, not exactly what you would call good. In fact I would not call it good, Liz, Esther and Christina ( short-term vol who came with us) gave their portion to Hans, but I was determined to enjoy my meal, it was after all Lasagna!!! So after forcing down some grose bile as they called it we feasted on raspberry crisp, it's raspberries with a chocolate cookie crumble sprinkled on top. Yumm thanks Kevin for sending those to Liz!

I think my half birthday was the most typical half birthday for October 22, because as any good Seventh-day Adventist should know it is the GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT!!!! And being my HALF birthday our food was a great disappointment and our meal was half good. So happy half birthday to me, I hope 6 months from now the food will turn out better :o)

Comments

Ben Stitzer said…
HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY!! Man, Earthday won't be the same without you!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.