The Livestock Network

I arrived at home ready to eat. After watering my flowers I plop down in my regular wooden folding chair and start to eat my yummy black-eyed peas cooked in tasty peanut oil. As I was eating I decided to watch some TV. So turning on my High Definition TV with surround sound, I flipped between my two favorite networks—Modern Bible times and the livestock network. Today I decided to settle on the livestock network, after all I am from Texas and I am wearing my pretty, pink sparkly Texas girl shirt (thanks mom!) So on the livestock network they are vaccinating the sheep. Using anywhere from 3-10 kids, some regulars on the show and others from nearby, to keep the sheep inside the compound/court yard as well as grabbing the sheep to gently lay them on their sides so the injection could be given in their back hips. This whole show without commercials! One of the sheep was really funny because he acted really funny afterwards, he walked funny and talked a lot and kept trying to lie down then get right back up all the while wiggling his back hip. It was comical. They vaccinated 11 of the 13 sheep, the two littlest behaving been born a week ago would be getting the meds in the milk of the mom. I missed the episode of their birth, next time I’ll have to Tivo it :o) I think that next on the livestock network is cow ridding bareback. . .

Comments

Andrea said…
Just when I think you're roughing it, you bust out with something like a high definition tv and the livestock network. I can't always tell if I should feel sorry for you or not. :)
Heidi said…
Sonya, your creativity never ceases to amaze me! Cheers! -Heidi M.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.