MEMORY!!!!!

Thanks Joe, Will, Kenny and the amazing Christine!!! My kids went nuts over it. It took them only a small amount of time to catch on, then it was like wild fire. We played it 5 times and I won all but one. Must be all the language study helping my brain. They all wanted to win so badly we ended up playing into the night by the glow of the moon! Luckily the cards are huge – the size of a Christmas greeting card.

*champ = field

Can I just state for the record that there are no starving student missionaries at my ut. It is such a huge battle to fight sometimes. They are a giving culture and fat is beautiful. So sometimes not only do I have my Ama telling me to eat the whole huge plate of rice, potatoes, beans, or whatever the meal might be sometimes the kids join in! Then I’ve got Nano saying, “Oh Sonya just a bit more” or Clarice telling me I haven’t eaten anything yet! Sometimes at breakfast Mature will talk to Ama way over by the kitchen hut and say – in French – that I don’t have much of an appetite that day. Only time I can ever get a slight relief from eating a lot and not feeling overly bad about it is when I’ve got good ol’ palu (malaria). Maybe it’s because they understand then? I don’t know. On another part when they give me my food and I’m starved I have to be careful how much I eat because they’ll serve me the same thing always if I eat all of it because they want to be nice and give me food I like. But honestly I can only eat homemade Roman noodles so much before I go nuts. (I know Andrea you must think me crazy) I don’t mind them giving me always food that I like so even when it’s really interesting I try and eat it. But sometimes the ol’ stomach is just so full and bloated from the last meal I can’t bring myself to eat it. While I never resorted to these measures as a child I admit I have pushed the food around on my plate to make t hem think I’ve eaten. Unfortunately that only works when I eat alone. Another problem is sometimes if I’m at the American house I’ll snack on some of the tasty snacks we have there thanks to kind families back home and when I got home I won’t ant to eat but they’ve prepared something specific for me because they were eating something with fish in it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, I do think you are crazy. Ramen is always amazing--even the 50,000th time. :) But sometimes you have to get creative with it. I've started cooking it, then frying it with butter. So I still don't blame you for being tired of it. :)
Anonymous said…
Hurrah for Ramen!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.