Catching Up.

I've been catching up on several friends blogs today. I read all about my friends delivery of twins and  on the first 4 months of living with twins and a 4 year old. Then I caught up on another friends blog who always writes exactly as he talks and it was great to hear his voice again. It took me back to DNM's (deep and meaningful conversations)as they say in Australian English, we had under the stars in the Sierras. Then I read another friends blog and was able to feel like I was in Utah at a decathlon and adventuring in the snow. All in all it was good to connect with these friends and it reminded me to also do some blogging.

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm coming up on three years here in Cambodia and I have trouble believing it myself. I find myself looking out the window while traveling to another town and think about how much I love these people, how great the culture is and the opportunity to help teachers and do my bit to make the world a better place.

There was a time a few months back that were not that way. I was quite sick for two weeks, not working a full day at the office in that time. Everyone was busy on teams or holidays and I didn't feel like part of a group, I felt more like an island. I thought seriously about leaving and whatever next would be.

I took some time off, got healthy again and talked to my directors about work and thankfully, things got better.

I appreciated those days of not knowing though. They make this time of loving work all that much sweeter.

Here's to writing longer blogs, enjoying the current day and reading blogs of friends.

Me in my tailored dress I got for my birthday.



Comments

Christoffer said…
Hurray. Those low points are rough, but I'm happy to see you came out just fine on the other side. Three years is a big deal! Well done. I hope you continue to enjoy your work there and find it meaningful. We'll keep reading what you write here too!
Kim said…
Wow! Three years already?!?! Congrats! I think we all feel isolated sometimes, so don't blame it all on Cambodia.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Almost nearly perfectly content.

Part of Grief.