Dehydrated and Re-hydrated

Rated PG-6th grade

We’ve had lots of re-hydrated things here. From amazingly tasty blueberries that we have used in smoothies, to cherries that I want to make a glaze out of to put in doughnuts that Wendy makes, to even wham that has been dehydrated and it like jerky. I enjoy our dehydrated soup that Liz’s mom has sent us and we all enjoy the dehydrated refried beans and black beans that we use to make our Saturday lunch with. With all of it all you have to do to make it ‘normal’ again is add water –quite amazing if you ask me! Of all the dehydrated things I enjoy I do not enjoy dehydrated boogers. Let me explain . . . I’ve had a runny nose lately because of all the dust and allergies and what-not. And due to the toilet paper shortage, which I will address in another blog later, I’ve had to resort to a hanky to blow my nose in. I haven’t quite mastered the outfielder’s hanky (blowing my nose in the air and using my hand to fling the snot off.) and so I resort to the blue, red, purple or polka-doted hanky/cloth that I normally use on my head. Well after filling the sides and middle of the hanky I find that it is time I wash it. So I saved it to wash with the last ‘load’. Good thing too. I rinse it first, as I do all my laundry, and then proceed to put the soap on it, only thing is I seem to have found some re-hydrated boogies . . . gross . . . how do you get those off? It’s exactly like a fresh booger . . . only in my laundry and sharing space with my other clothes. So like a normal person (?) I wipe it off with my hand and delicately put it on the ground with a leaf, all the while trying to not show my reactions with my face – a difficult feat for me :o) All in all that is the grossest thing I’ve seen and had to do in a while. But it’s true to dehydrate something all you need to do is dry it out then to re-hydrate it just add water!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.