Party like it’s 1999

Last night was fun. We were planning on going to the Koza hopital party and we planned on arriving at African timing – an hour late. But at about 15 min after 8 Yves, the host of the party and hospital administrator came to our door to see where we were and if we were coming?! Opps, here we were going for African time and I think they were waiting for us! So we quickly got ready and left. It was a fun night and not boring, sort of. We ate right after they went in the circle and introduced everyone. For food there was quite a nice spread, it was a huge feast! Since we were the visitors/guest we went first (opps, and we the “prompt” Americans were late!) There was wicked hot pepper and my lips are still burning from it still! We were still all sitting in the giant circle and they told stories, jokes and little sketches. Some were very funny and very African and some as Hans put it were Blasphemous. We even performed sketch for them, we did Doctor, Doctor it’s the skit where one guy waits in the waiting room and gets all the symptoms of the other patients. I was the nurse who greeted them and I thought some of the people were going to fall out of their chairs they were laughing so hard. I didn’t think to many people were watching me because Hans was a riot with all the illness, but I found out later that a they indeed were watching me and they thought I did a good impression of a lazy African nurse :o)

My favorite part was about 20 min before 24.00 they finally turned on some music and we danced! It was kinda marching/dancing in a circle. We all got up and started boogieing down. So fun and free. I can’t wait to get home and have more African dance parties the way we danced last night. I’m sure even the Gulf States Conference wouldn’t have a problem with it.

At the 24 hour mark the crazy Tchadian (he’s from Béré and he’s Gumbi) shot off a fire cracker but he did it in dumb way. It was supposed to shoot up in the air 8xs but he just lit the giant stick and threw it up in the air, thank God the second toss had it facing away from all of us! And leave it to a Tchadian from Béré to be the one to go nuts :o) but it was nice to say, “Lapia” again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.