Never fear I am alive and well!

This is a letter that has been sent to you from the faraway land of Denmark, but do not fear I am safe and sound tucked away in my little hut of Béré. Here’s the deal. There were some rebels that attacked our capital, N’djamena, on Feb 1st –a Saturday, so to stop the rebels from communicating with each other the president turned off all cell phone towers for a week or so, then celtel (a phone company) got turned back on the following Friday. Tigo, the provider Liz and I use got turned on shortly there after. The only thing that has yet to return to normal is INTERNET!!!! That’s why you have thought I forgot about you, or why you think I no longer want to write you or why you cry yourself to sleep at night because you think that I forgot how to talk English! Don’t worry I have yet to do any of those things. As of today, Monday Feb 18, 2008, I haven’t been able to receive emails since the 1st of Feb and that is a LONG time for me!

Don’t worry about things with the rebels, they are okay now, Air France has started flying into the capital again and the rebels are back towards Sudan again. All of the missionaries from Béré were safe. Praise God it happened the week it did because the following week I, Gary, and any number of other visitors could have been up there in the capital. But as it was they didn’t happen that way because God had other plans for us.

I figure I could tell you a bunch of stories now, but I want to get this written to you so that I can give it to Camilla who is going home to Denmark tomorrow morning and will email it from her home in Denmark. I hope it gets to you!

In case you are wanting to communicate with me and the evil email isn’t working, please feel free to call me at my Tigo number or try Esther’s Celtel number here’s the info again:

My number is: (011-235) 964-3799
Esther is: (011-235) 681-0567

Remember there is a 6 or 7 hour time difference so that will need to be taken into account! There aren’t any area codes because there aren’t that many phones. And I am not sure on the country code, but you can look it up online. Hope this helps all of you who are just dying to talk to me :o) [I just added them in for you. --AK :)]

Here’s some calling card info:
*net2phone.com
Phone cards for .36 cents a min.
*voipbuster.com
This uses the internet to talk on the phone and its .13 cents a min
*Skype
This is the same as voipbusters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

500 stories.