Almost 25

It’s one week till I turn 25. Whooow. Where’s all the time gone? 25. We pick checkpoints in our lives when we’re kids – 16 drive, 22 be cool in college. 25 – what did I think I’d be doing at 25? I thought maybe be studying in Spain or just finishing my long college career. But I’m pretty certain it never crossed my mind to be here in Africa fighting for the Light of God to shine here.

Guess what I’ve just done? One week before my 25th birthday I’ve shaved my legs for the first time in over 7 months ;o) It’s easy because I wear no shorts only scrubs and skirts. On the chance that Liz did see my legs she would comment that it was good I shaved, when in fact she just couldn’t see my leg hairs! I was just blessed with soft, light, fine hairs. Thank you Jesus!

3 Weeks and I’m in Europe with mom! Think of the fun we’ll have! I’m so glad she’s able to come after all. I’ve always wanted to travel somewhere like this with mom. She’s going to love it!

One month from today I’ll be on my way home! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, America! I’ve forgotten so much! Things will be very different for me when I get home. I’ve seen things here. I’ve lived a very simple life here. I know how to go without so much. My view points are different I’ve learned to be comfortable squatting in a hole and showering out of a bowl. I wear skirts most all the time! I never thought I’d do that! But I don’t mind. I just pray that God gives me and those I work with this summer understanding. I’m gonna need it as much as those interacting with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.