a new chapter

Well here I am in good ol' Calhoun, Ga. I've almost finished opening all the boxes that have been shut up for more than 12 months. I've had my own little Christmas as I opened them back up and discovered forgotten things. And then I've been a litle sad as I have to close them back up because I am living in such a small place (dorm room with my own bathroom). But who am I to complain I have electricity and running water!!
I am getting integrated into the world of GCA (Georgia Cumberland Acadamy). To break me in I went with the youth to the All Night Lazer Tag event on Saturday night. Yup that's right we stayed up ALL NIGHT long playing lazer tag. We started at 11pm and ended at 7am. It was fun, crazy, tiring, and adventurus all at the same time. We played several games all around 30 min each. There were games where we were teamed up or ones where we had to tagg all the other people and games where you just had to survive and be the "last man standing". I enjoyed all of it. I've never played before. You wear a 'vest' like thing with lights on the sholders and a circle with lights on your chest and back. then on your lazer gun you have lights. All teh lights were places you could shoot and get tag people and get points. I laughed a lot while playing and I also got tagged a lot. But who doesn't love staying up late/early and eatting pizza for free just to hang out with cool kids? I guess that's the life of a youth worker. Getting to meet some of the kids was good, man I'm going to be learning a lot of names in the next few weeks! We are anticipating 270ish. Plus all the staff and faculty names. I'll be putting my memory to the test!
I'm excited about this new phase or my life. I know without a doubt that God has called me here to learn new things and to serve my God. I'm a bit nervous, but that just means I'll be calling on God to get me through. Who doesn't need that in there life?
I'm off to finish un packing. More meetings tomorrow. . . more things to learn!

Comments

Andrea said…
Go get em, tiger!
For Christ and His Kingdom!
Ah-MAIN.
Sarah said…
I am tired just reading that you were up all night. I think I'll go to bed. Bon nuit! Appele moi bientoe!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.