El Fin


day three
Originally uploaded by dreams with faith


Done. We finished. It took us all three full days to get everything accomplished but we did it! We had to replace 6 windows, tear up rotted floor, put in air vent, new fan, remodel bathroom, new wood paneling, mud ceiling, paint ceiling, paint roof, tear out and reinstall soffet, with a group of untrained students. And praise God we did it! The kids were great! We worked really hard all day today and finished up with the soffet and windows as the sun was slipping away. I think that helped us move faster because it was cold without the sun! Everyone on our sight worked really hard and did their part. I’m very proud of them all. Especially those guys I worked with yesterday because they didn’t even seem tired of me yet even after I made them work so hard to get the paint off yesterday!

Speaking of those kids they crack me up. They have come up with some great nicknames for me. A favorite is Chappy, which I must say sounds cool :o) But William has a tradition he says of making up ghetto nicknames for the chaplains. So last year Chelsea had the name of Chaplain Shabootiquway. This year I got Chappy Shondra. Personally it is a bit annoying but it’s done out of love so I’ll embrace it. I think it’s funny.

They also cracked me up because they came up with all these crazy fun chants and songs. On day 2 they sang the whole 30 min out to our work site. Their favorite song was a song dedicated to Tim Funk. After a song they would start out: Cause Tim’s got da Funk, and repeat as many times as they could. It was so catchy that all day you could hear Chet whistling it. Then that night when we were all back with the other groups for supper they would randomly cheer it out! They also decided to interfere with the chant of another group. In this group someone would say, “Dynomite” and everyone would yell, “Boom”, then they would say, “What goes boom?” and respond with “Dynomite”. But our group would yell, “Chet Miller” over them. It got to be quite funny to watch Tim and Chet respond to their growing fan club. I told them it was like David and his mighty men in the Bible. They wrote songs about their fearless leader because they respected him and wanted to honor him. All in all our group was very energetic and I loved it.

I’d do it again.

Comments

Andrea said…
Ah, I enjoyed the literary drama, the suspense, the inspiration. Here are some not-so-random thoughts:

1. I don't know how anyone could get tired of you.

2. Continue sharing your passions--it's contagious to us phlegmatics who need it forced on us sometimes.

3. Good job. I'm really proud of you and I know you were an awesome inspiration to those kids as well.

4. Thanks for the pictures. :)
Anonymous said…
Your kids are lucky to have you: three languages and everything. Loved the pics. Can't wait to hear about your heart burnings.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.