return to my beginnings

My first weekend off in a LONG time. Ahhh, going to a vespers where I don't have to be in charge. . . I've decided to journey up to Southern for the weekend. I haven't been to a vespers here since before Africa. I used to love getting dressed up, joining the crowds as we serge forward to get our vespers credit cards, finding a seat and singing together. I love it all. The speaker was amazing last night too. He was part of Muslim and Adventist relations. I agreed with everything he said. It was beautiful. I wish everyone could have heard it. I've meet so many amazing Muslims that I wish everyone would know that they are beautiful people who worship the SAME God we do. Needless to say I was blessed last night.
We also sang hymns. I haven't sang hymns in a long time. The feeling of pulling out the hymnal from the pew, opening it up to whatever number or trying to remember what number it was that they said. Following along on the page as you read the music notes. It's wonderful and I wish we could do it more. It's a dying art form.
Afterward is always nice too because you get a chance to visit with people that you haven't been able to see in a while. I don't seem to have to many friends that are there from when I was, but I had enough to keep me busy with the visiting for awhile. There is nothing better than running into someone and getting to smile big and greet them in Christian love. Especially on the eve of Valentines day.
I'm glad I was able to partake in a vespers at Southern Adventist University. But oddly enough I am also proud to be at Georgia-Cumberland Academy. I like how my students don't talk as loud, sleep through vespers or use their phones. Thanks GCA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.