a long time in blogging

It's been a while since I've really blogged. It's been a LONG while. Since the beginning of March I have been in constant turmoil. I have been blessed with two job offers. Both made of my two passions: international missions and ministry. One job was in Florida working as a Children's and Families Pastor, the other was working in Norway as a recruiter/coordinator for the new missions program. I received both calls almost at the same time. It all happened while I was down in Florida on spring break from GCA. One day I was meeting with my good friends while they told me about the job the day after that I was on the phone or my official interview for Noway.

What we to do when it seems God gives us two great choices for life? When He says, "Here, Sonya, you can choose which ever you want. I am with you always no matter your choice". How am I to handle that!!! How did He expect me to choose!! So these last few weeks my head has hurt. I've talked to lots of people and I've cried. All in hope that I would be closer to knowing what to choose.

Some days my choice would literally depend on who I was talking to. Some days I would be going to Norway other days I'd be ready to fully unpack in Florida. This last week, March 31 I headed down to Florida for the interview at the church. It was exciting because I've never had a big committee interview before. I wasn't scared at all just excited to have the interview and be all that much closer to knowing what I would do. I assumed the interview would help make it easier. . . but it didn't. It only made things harder for me. Grr. "FATHER GOD HOW AM I TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE TWO", I cried out in my heart. Both had so many great things about them. If I coose one I would get to do A, but if I chose the other I would get to do B. It wasn't healthy for me to be so stressed out. After much prayer, talking, heart ach, tears, walking, talking, calling my parents, I made my decision. Then I slept on it, then I changed it, then I talked some more, walked some more and made my decision. Then I slept on it, then I changed it again. Finally once back at GCA I made my finally choice. It wasn't easy to say the least but I'm glad I finally know.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well done. Not just on your decision, but on surviving the process. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

500 stories.