when did this happen

it's over. they have finished graduation. i was so busy helping the students get ready for the end that i forgot it myself. and now it's over. i didn't say goodbye to so many people. i forgot i needed to. i just got so used to seeing them everyday that i assumed i could always just do that. i won't drive that stupid mini bus again, i won't sit and smile as i listen to the students debate in the back, i won't just hang out in the office as students randomly stop by. why didn't i realize it was over? i didn't even tell greg, my boss, goodbye. i drive out tomorrow. i hope they all realize how great it was to work with such a fun faculty. i really loved it. i liked talking to them.
i usually feel like i need more time to say goodbye, but this time i feel like i didn't even say goodbye. i just am leaving. i need closure, i guess we had it when we had our goodbye party, but that was two weeks ago! i hate to say goodbye so maybe this is a way where i can leave it at 'i'll see you later' at that's that.
all in all. i'm sad to leave this place. i learned a lot from gca. i hope gca learned a lot from me too.

goodnight and God bless,

Chaplain Sonya.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Maybe you should write some goodbye/thank you emails to some people. I hate goodbyes too...well, you know. But it's part of life.
Anonymous said…
Hey there beautiful woman. You are amazing. I am so sad you won't be with us next year. Yes the end was a big blur...And now all of a sudden I find myself in my Abys...quiet and wishing that there was the constant buzzing of students here again...I wish you all the best and YES lets definately keep in touch. Hugs and love, Dawn

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.