Laundry.

I did my laundry last night. I learned there are two kinds of soap for clothes – one for whites and one for colour. Norwegians really like to sort things out. They sort all their trash – paper, glossy paper, glass, metal, compost and restfall (everything else). So of course they should sort their clothes. I however don’t want to so I just bought soap for colour (let me know if there’s a reason I should sort). Along with my soap that’s unscented I bought fabric softener. Don’t use it much in the states but we use it here because we are green and line dry our clothes. I washed them last night and they should be dry sometime today (if the sun comes out and warms things up). Down side to that is I have to iron more because my shirts will be a bit wrinkly and have a fold crease from the line (any tips on how to fix that without an iron?).

I will admit though it’s nice to be green but not as green as Africa.

Comments

Andrea said…
I like how you spell "colour" britishly.

And this reminds me of that one norwegian friend i had, and makes me think he must have come by his ocd-ness honestly.
Unknown said…
You crack me up! This is my second comment, so I hope you see the first one first so you know who I am. Anyway, I was going to tell you that the reason we sort laundry is because sometimes the colored clothes color the white clothes... and we don´t bleach everything like Americans, so we have to keep things separate in order to keep them the right color. As far as your shirts go, if you hang them up upside down and put the clothes pins in on only one side of the shirt (this is not making sense, I´ll have to show you) you can avoid the crease...
Good luck with becoming Norwegian!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.