Snow

For Pete’s sake, October 3, 2009. I can’t believe it’s snowing. I am sitting in my flat listening to a sermons as I eat my breakfast and I look out the window to see something floating around outside. What is that? Great, snow. If it is snowing today only the third day in October, what am I going to do after just one month!! Now it’s coming down more obviously, not so much a mini flutter but more of a salt shaker falling. Happy Sabbath. I’m excited about snow, but I’m just a bit fearful, although I will like the idea of sitting next to my wood stove enjoying the warmth while I look outside at the snow. But really? October 3? My mom is going to the state fair of Texas on Monday. It’s still in the 80’s Fahrenheit /high 20’s Celsius in Texas. Here I woke up yesterday and it was -3 Celsius/26 Fahrenheit. Of all the crazy things. Snow.

In case you were wondering, it’s still snowing outside. Things are beginning to turn white. And I know those of you from the north, west and everywhere else it’s cold and snows must be thinking that she will get used to it, I beg to differ, how can one get used to seeing such a miracle? Yesterday this time I could see all the grass, the gravel, the roof tops. Now I look outside and see white lacing all of that. Will I ever see things the same? Does this just melt off in a few days and look like it rained? What happens next? This is so new to me and forigen. I have no idea how to mental anticipate what happens next. Last year at Christmas time when I was in Washington State for the holidays and I experienced a LOT of snow I learned about the concept of size, texture and good snowman snow. But I wasn’t there to learn what happens when it snows in October. Will it melt and go back to what it was or do I need to wait till spring for the grass and trees?

Now they are big fatty flakes.

Is it to late to take back my prayer for an early snow fall?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(just a late night update on the snow, it fell for about an hour and a bit more this morning. However the snow falling soon turned to rain and all through church and lunch the rain fell melting the snow and making a big muddy mess. The locals tell me that this was a freak incodent and the weather should be nice the next few weeks. [They also said it wouldn’t snow. . .])

Comments

Rachel said…
At least you've got your love to keep you warm! Bundle up love. Miss ya!
Missionary Girl said…
Oh how much I long for snow right now!
Andrea said…
I think it was just a special gift to celebrate my birthday. :)
Miss Jehle said…
Wow. I think every time I start to feel sorry for myself in Berrien Springs, I will think of you.

How does that make you feel?

Hopefully just good that I will think of you often :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.