ugg.


I had hight hopes of posting a lot of blogs this weekend. Unfortunately i don't seem to have much energy to do that seeing as how I've come down with what feels like the bubonic plague (don't worry it isn't actually). I don't understand how I could go all of last year working at GCA without getting sick once and now I've been sick twice in the last 5 months. The same things wrong, head ache, neck ache, clogged head, sore body, no energy. Maybe it's my tonsils? Whatever it is I am not happy with it.
Last night Tzveta gave me a Russian Steam treatment. I sat on a wooden chair wrapped in a sheet. There were wool blankets all around me that I was tightly wrapped in. I had my feet in a bucket of hot water with a cool cloth on my head. The most intense part of all was the pot of steam underneath me making me sweat. It lasted for about 3o min then Tzveta rubbed my hands and arms with the cool cloth and I had to rest for 30 min before I could get up. I am not sure if it helped because today I feel worse and I might have a small tiny fever. So this morning Tzveta and Tatiana told me I should take a garlic and lemon tea. I pressed about 8 garlic sections and two lemons and put boiling water in a tea pot to drink. It wasn't so bad at first but the novelty soon wore off when I was still having to chew a bit of garlic and the lemon was giving a bit of a kick on it's way down. But like a trooper I have drunken all of it in hopes of getting better. I just can't believe I am actually sick? I made it so long before now.
I was feeling really ug and like I didn't want to go on but then I remembered I have a package coming to me in the mail this week, it gave me the hope and joy to go on. I just hope this passes much faster than the last one did and that I am not down and out for long.

We'll see how things go from here, perhaps I will never get better. . . perhaps I will just waist away. . . perhaps tomorrow when I wake up my head won't hurt and my throat will not be tender. . . only time and garlic and lemon will tell.

Comments

Rachel said…
Oh Sony! I'm so sorry. I wish I could be there to nurse you back to health.
Andrea said…
It's those foreign bugs...Viking flu is pretty persistent apparently. :) But at least you are learning first hand some awesome home remedies!
Sarah said…
So sorry :( I'm remembering that horrible concoction Dr. Bond cooked up and made us all drink when we were sick. Nasty!
kessia reyne said…
Sonya has the Viking Flu!

What a headline. What a heroine you are!

Feel better soon.
Miss Jehle said…
The fact that the woman who was giving you a steam treatment is named "Tzveta" makes that experience sound awesome. Maybe you'll have to wait to be well to appreciate it though...Sorry :(

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.