I'll tell you where you will be . . .

So the other day I was thinking, "Five years ago had God told me where I would be doing right now I would have not believed Him."

Really if God had come and sat down next to me while in the Destiny Drama Company bus on tour and begun to tell me that in five years I would be driving a stick shift, big, red bus/van down a dark Norwegian road with a charcoal poultice on my infected ear and my, then new friend, Ben from DDC, to pick up a Bulgarian named Tzveta, at the train station. I believe I would have laughed and said thanks for the funny story. But to have believed it, no way.

Let us rewind my life tape and see where I was five years ago. I was back from Honduras as an SM, going through the reentry shock of America and University life again. I had finally been accepted into the touring theater group Destiny Drama Company, after two years of rejection. I was on fire for life, spanish, student missionaries and God. I had a minimum of two years left in University before any life long decisions needed to be made (even though I took three). I was young and as they say innocent. My eye's had only just begun to open to the difficulties of the world and I knew that I wanted to do mission work more than anything.

However for better or worse, here I am. Sitting in a dark Norwegian flat at 3 pm on a Friday typing on my mac computer. God is crazy sometimes. He gives us our passions and dreams and then the opportunity to live them out. I think God does not tell us our future because we would not believe Him. So we dream up lives for ourselves and pray and hope they come true, yet God has an even bigger crazier life in store for us. When I stop and think about my life over the last five years I see where I have slowly been trusting God more and more with my life. I am learning to just let go of everything and go where He leads, because I have I have found myself driving a stick shift, big, red bus/van down a dark Norwegian road with a charcoal poultice on my infected ear and my, now old friend, Ben from DDC, to pick up a Bulgarian named Tzveta, at the train station.

I am reminded of a phrase I learned my freshman year of university at a Bible study at the Owen house.

Let go and let God.

It is when I do that I find myself doing amazing things for Him.

Comments

Andrea said…
I am glad you have a poultice for that infected ear. And may you continue hearing God's voice loud and clear.
Andrea said…
P.S. That rhymed.
kessia reyne said…
Sonya is a philosopher and Andrea a poet.
I like.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.