Tales from an exile

Well today the majority of the students have been gone from the school leaving me and just a very tiny group of working students and green house workers to run the place. I must be honest I wasn't very excited about being left behind while everyone else went to an faraway land to do mission work. Especially because one group was going to Honduras, the very first place I lived outside of America. I would have LOVED to visit my old home at El Hogar de Ninos. But alas I was left here to 'run' things.

After I saw the light of all the fun, Kaisa, Tiina and I could have I began to get excited. So now after a week I would love to tell you about our tales.

All week I worked doing things from cataloging library books, covering new books, planning my recruiting trip through Scandinavia, cooking in the kitchen, taking the trash out and cleaning Solhoug down the hill. The days have been diverse enough and I have been able to listen to great music and books on tape. (a side note about the music, if you have never tried it I recommend putting on your head phones and dancing for awhile by yourself. It's a blast) Not so bad and boring so far. . .

This weekend was also very nice. On Friday night after vespers a group of us leftovers came back to Gronvold to drink hot drinks and sit on the sofa with the fire roaring and the candles burning for light. We sat and sipped our hot drinks for a long time while talking about little bits of everything.

Saturday was potluck at church, always great. After trying bits of all the food, Ben, Tiina and I went for a little walk around the river to help the food digest. The plans for the evening included a concert in the State Church up the hill on the other side of church and then pancakes at my house. Since the sun goes down around 3:45 we stayed at the church till it was time for the concert.

Oh, boy this concert was great. It consisted of an organ, trumpet, mini organ and pan flute. The organ reminded me of Southern, it made me feel like I was at Even Tide. The lady who played the flutes was amazing too, she played music from Handel, and Baroque. After the concert we came back to my flat and cooked up some great tasting crawafle. Yes, I typed that right. It was a cross between a creepe, waffle and pancake. Tasty, it was quite the little feast we had.
So I might be in exile, the numbers here might be few. But we are having a rock'n time :O)

Tonight on the docket is fort making in the living room with a movie, hot drinks, baked apples and perhaps some pepperkaker!!!!

Comments

Rachel said…
Can I come over? Fort making sounds like much more fun than writing a paper! Miss you!
joar andré said…
I ate some pepperkaker last week!
Miss Jehle said…
The first time I read crawafle, I pronounced it crawful in my mind. Which did not sound very appealing.
Andrea said…
I can identify with being left behind to 'run' things. Thus, I am in C-dale and you are in Norway. :) And by the way, Baroque is a style, not a composer in case there was any confusion.

In other words, I am really glad you are enjoying this time. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.