Schloß Brak

My castle exploration was top notch! Alexa and Anita chose to wait out in the auto because they had been in before. Oma and Opa went in with me. We stayed together through the paintings and artifacts.

The exciting part was not that I was walking on and touching walls and floors from the 12th century. The exciting part was when I explored on my own. I was able to explore so much on my own. At one part after Oma and Opa had gone on their way, there was a door propped open with a sign that I couldn’t read because it was in German. I don’t know what it said but I went in anyway . . . instantly I felt the cool air around me coming in somewhere from the outside. I saw another door closed but figured if it’s not locked go for it. There were downward stairs. Thus down the stairs I went until I arrived in what was once a function dungeon! I dashed back up and explored more. I was alone! Alone in a real castle. So of course I explored with an uninhibited imagination. I secretly climbed up the small brick/stone stairs that wound their way up to the tower, passing rooms that opened up my imagination. Being unable to read signs I found to be a feeling of pure joy! I never new if I was trespassing or snooping where I shouldn’t be but at all times I went nevertheless. At parts I found myself scampering or running up the stairs to see what was next or I would slowly go to enjoy the feeling of mystery. The top was beautiful, I was able to see very far. Once the top of the tower was able to satisfy my mind's eye I realized that the only way out must be back the way I came in!

My adventure then took me back through the passages where nobility once walked, through rooms where nobility had once danced. I soon found myself face to face one again with my night in shinning armor. I quietly whispered a hushed adieu and continue on my way to the castle doors.

I was a bit sad to leave the castle and wished with an honest wish that I could have played dress up and had a friend or two with me. But alas I will always have my memories and the hope of a return to the castle.

Comments

kessia reyne said…
I like your adventurousness. I'm pretty sure that if I saw a sign written in a foreign language I would assume that it was definitely a "do not cross" sign and would have stayed in the hallway! I'm sure you had more fun :)
Ansley said…
Fun! This makes me think of the kids in "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe," running around that old huge creepy house. Best kind of adventures!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.