some thoughts

How on earth do we listen to God? Right now I have no idea. Silent, I should be silent.

Perhaps I am to loud in my heart, because I feel it screaming out to God for direction, help and answers. To know where and what God wants me . . .

Something. Anything. I just want to plan out my life. I am sorry God. I shouldn’t rush ahead. I am not, am I? I don’t want to put you in a box I have always just let my imagination go. Is it wrong? Is that somehow limiting you? I feel lost right now. What to do? I don’t feel like I should stay here or go. I don’t feel anything. I don’t hear anything.

I have so many things on my heart these days and on my mind. I have been wanting for awhile to put my thoughts down again but how can I put them on paper when I myself don’t even know what they are?

Jacob wrestled with God he knew God had promised to make him a mighty nation and if his brother killed him in a fit of anger that God’s promises would not come true. While he was wrestling he grabbed hold of God and said you cannot go, I will not let go until you bless me. Maybe that is me? I can’t hear God’s voice right now, I can’t see his road signs but I have his promises. I don’t know what he wants from me other than complete obedience and trust.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for posting this, Sonya. I can empathize. I am searching for answers and direction as well. But, the one thing God has constantly reassured me with is that I am safe in His presence. That is something worth holding on to.
Megan Newmyer said…
Very well put... and I can relate. I and several friends are going through the same thing right now... its not easy. This whole patience thing... let me tell ya.. haha. It'll come though. Guess all we can really know for sure is that we are in the hands of our Father, and that's the best place to be. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.