HUMIDITY


Have you ever read the Ryme of the Ancient Mariner? If you have then you are familiar with the part that says:

Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink.

This poem always comes to mind when I think about HUMIDITY. You see in Norway there is no humidity and according to the dictionary on my computer humidity is atmospheric moisture, or water in the air. I've been in the south for less than 24 hours and I already have noticed an EXTREME difference.

There were days in Norway when I thought I had lost my curls.
I just couldn't find them when I woke up. Instead of my cute Shirley Temple curls I had big waves instead. Granted they were nice, but I wanted my 'normal' curls back. No matter what I put in my hair or how I would dry it (with Julian's blow drier or air dry) I just couldn't find them. I was sad because I missed them. Then one day when it rained
I found them, only they looked bobo and fuzzy because they had been gone so long.

Now that I am back in the south I must say this is a bit UNREASONABLE! I went for a little walk with my friend and BAM, it's like I walked litterally into that atmospheric moisture! So in case you were fearful for me to never find my curls again, fear not I found them and then some!

Comments

krista said…
bahaha! oh how i miss you!
Elisa said…
I LOVE being able to relate to you! is my "I KNOW!" response to everything that you say getting old yet? Yes? I KNOW! but I can't help it. Its good to have you here.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.