Day 1 of Year Round Staff.

I’ve crossed over. I am now a year round staff member (practically almost, the ‘year’ starts this weekend but I’m getting an early start). It all started Saturday night when Anthony told me to use the mule (4wd golf cart type thing) to go get something, even though as a summer camp staff member I wasn’t on the approved list to drive. He said I was close enough to starting as year round staff and could drive. As I was driving down the hill I knew that things were going to be different and that the changes were starting soon.

Here I am on Monday morning heading into the kitchen to work at 7:30 AM. Not to early of a start J Katie, a 2nd year kitchen camp staff member, has been helping me get the hang of working in the kitchen. One thing is for sure I don’t get as excited about eating as I used to!

I anticipate a lot of flash backs to when I was in high school and I worked in the kitchen of a retirement center or my first year of college when I worked in the cafeteria. It’s nice because some things are familiar and yet they are still new. Perhaps as I come across some exceptional recipes I’ll even share them on here with you.

For now I’m going to take a nap because this year round work is exhausting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.