Love

I love to love.
I love most things.
I love to travel.
I love to meet new people.

I love the colour purple, green, blue and yellow.
I love camp.
I love my family.
I love to touch people.
I love nature.
I love love.

I took the Myers-Briggs personality test and it said that I am an ENFP and that I love to love.

I've always loved the idea for a great job would be to simply work at a coffee shop, like Starbucks, and simply love the people who came in to get coffee. What a difference it might make if my sole job was to love people. To love my coworkers and the customers. To give them their coffee and pour out love to them. That idea always gets me excited and I'm glad I have a back up plan.

I also really love 1 Corinthians 13:13;

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

I especially love the chapter in 1 Corintians 13.

Doesn't that just move you! The greatest of everything is LOVE!

The LOVE chapter, ahh, so beautiful.

I've heard the connection being made between 1 John 4:7,8

Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

It's even a song that children sing. So with that verse you know that God is love and I could then say:

God is patient and kind. God is not jealous or boastful or proud . . . and so on. How wonderful!

Then this last year as I was struggling with who Jesus was I went back to the basics and started reading the Gospels. In those I realized that Jesus is so kind and patient and I realized how well He loved people. It's the kind of Love I wanted to have coming from me too, after all no one loves love like an ENFP.

So I decided I needed to love like God and I put my name in where the word love is.

Sonya is patient and kind.
Sonya is not jealous or boastful or proud. . . Wait a minute! Am I? Am I those things? Oh how I want to be! I want to LOVE better than I do.

I pray that God will help me to love the way He LOVES. To remind myself of what I need aim for I put my name in and read through it.

Sonya is patient and kind.
Sonya is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.
She does not demand her own way.
She is not irritable, and keeps no record of being wronged.
Sonya does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.
Sonya never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

It's not always spot on in my life. But God lives in me and we are working together on this, (actually I am not doing anything but allowing Him to love through me). I am a work in progress.

You should try the same thing, can you put your name in it and say that you love like God? Cause that's what we should aim for. To love like He loves us is the greatest thing we can do.

Try putting your name in it and see how it effects today and tomorrow.

Comments

kessia reyne said…
i LOVED this post! It inspired me and made me think :)
krista said…
wow sonya this was so good! really good thoughts. thanks!
Andrea said…
I LIKED this post. :) No, really, thanks for sharing.
Nicholas said…
hey! i've had this thought and been applying this for a while. we're on the same page.
ReneEss said…
Amiga, I'm an ENFJ...SO CLOSE! No wonder were friends. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.