September 3


Don't pretend that you love others.
Really love them.
Romans 12:9
Yesterday I didn't sleep well and I woke up at 2:30 AM. So my emotions were a bit streached out. We visited the Good Hope home for children in Arusha slums. They are a poorer home in the suburbs of Arusha. Yet I enjoyed the children very much. Their home was more lived in (dirty and paint pealing) the children were able to interact with us. They are in school yet they still had time to play with us :) We visited their new buildings that are going to be their new homes. I actually didn't look at the buildings because I was to busy playing with the kids. I could only take so much of the buisiness side/tours of buildings when there were so many eager children to play with. So I broke out the best currency in the world of children. . . balloons. I started passing them out and boy did I make friends fast. Then after they peeled me away we left to go shopping!

The shopping was fun. We got to see many things made by the Tanzanian people. We went to a cultural center were things were more expensive, but they were very nicely made. I looked at the beautiful Tanzanite stone. They were very expensive stones, but very beautiful. My favorite place we went shopping was a Massi market. I love to barter. It always makes me feel a little like the proverbs 31 woman (look it up if you don't know who that is).

I made a friend at one of the shops. He sold me some things and then all the rest of the group stopped by and bought things. A lot of things. So my new friend, Jon gave me a necklace as a thank you for all the business. They were very nice people.

Today (Saturday) I'm venturing out on my own. I'm going to church. I am so excited! Then at 2:30 we leave for Safari (meaning travel) to the Ngorongoro Crater. I can't wait to see all of God's creatures!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

500 stories.