A trip away from the homestead.

Dear Diary,
Strange things are happening. We went to Bodie to visit all of our friends and when we arrived not one person was there!

Sister Annabelle and I looked all over the town for our friends.
I looked at the mercantile,
I looked in the sage fields,
up and down main street,
I even looked in the church.
Turns out Bodie's now a ghost town. What was once a very large booming 'metropolis' with about 10,000 people is now a dusty old ghost town population 0. Sister Annabelle and I were disappointed that all our friends were gone from Bodie. We had wanted to visit the one armed Sheriff, Dog Face George, Anne, the nice lady who married the Butcher and left her life of sin on Virgin Alley and so many other lovely people. But alas we at least got to wander around town and wonder what life must have been like 100's of years ago when gold was flowing out of the california hills.

Comments

Andrea said…
Awesome pictures! Why do I feel like I've been looking for friends in ghost towns before? Oh yeah, I worked at Southern for too long and everyone left! :)
Don Keele Jr. said…
Sounds like a totally cool outing. Too bad your friends were all gone. You were just about 175 years too late.
Anthony said…
I knew Anne. She left me for that Dog Face George. I'm the reason he got the name.
chelsea said…
I love it that the costumes are getting used all year long! You should make some Robin Hood costumes, I have an idea for a play for this summer =)
joar andré said…
Looks like a lot of fun :) Love the pictures!!
Jessi Jo said…
sonya...you are delightful...just making sure you know that.
Ansley said…
I love this.

Fact: dress-up is awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.