The Valley.



I've spent several weeks of days off by myself lately. At first I wasn't a bit happy about that. I like people, I like to talk, I like quality time-even if it's silent time, I'm afraid of thinking to much and people help me not to get lost in my thoughts. But I've come to realize that it's been good for me to spend time alone with God in my ponderings.

I've had a lot on my mind.

I have been learning to wait on God while I've been trudging around the beautiful park I live in. It's here that I've been able to wait. To "sit" in the waiting room. While there I've found enjoyment in taking photographs. These are some of them.









Comments

joar andré said…
i'm liking these photographs :) i'm reading a great book now called 'caring for words in a culture of lies' by marilyn mcentyre. on one of the pages she writes: 'noise insulates us from the silence that exposes us to encounters with self and God, and to the voice of the Spirit that groans within us in ways we may not control. to choose silence is to risk that encounter'.
Nicholas said…
These pictures are incredible. Way to shoot.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.