Friend to the trail in the woods.

As I walked outside the door I was greeted by darkness.
Unable to see the path in front of me I walked slowly and cautiously.
Knowing the darkness would not always be there
I gave it time and I gave it space, I wanted to see past the darkness.

As I walked outside the door I was met by a half moon.
Only slightly able to see the path in front of me I took bolder steps.
Knowing the path and seeing more of its turns and twists
I was becoming more familiar with the path, I wanted to call it friend.

As I walked outside the door I was welcomed by the snow and the moon.
My eyes had been opened to a clear trail, an open path.
Knowing and seeing past the darkness, and reveling in it's character
I had seen the difference, I had walked through the change and now I understood it's beauty.

I had become a friend to the trail in the woods.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.