Her heart.

Her heart hungered for more.

All this time she had been looking in the wrong place. She had been looking toward man to see where she fit in, to know if she was valued. She had stopped looking at the truth.

Her heart thirsted for more.

Where could she go to fill her heart? To quench her thirst? She found herself in the middle of a desert, a wasteland and she wanted out. She wanted the peace she knew was hers to own, the love that was meant for her alone.

The cry had gone out.

This time her eyes were clear, her ears ready. She saw His love for her in the everyday, the special gifts and the simple beauty. She heard His words to her in his letters, in His songs and from His messengers.

The connection was made.

He told her: “I have loved you with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.* I have called you by name, you are mine. You are precious to me. You are honored, I love you.+

*Jeremiah 31:3; +Isaiah 43:1,4

Comments

kessia reyne said…
And He said, "I will make you my wife forever, I will make you my wife with lovingkindness and faithfulness" (Hosea 2:19)

"For your Maker is your husband--the LORD Almighty is His name!" (Isa 54:5)

What a happy ending!
only water can quench real thirst! only He...

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.