On track.



Since telling the world about my plan to run the half marathon with Brittany I have been motivated to run. Which is a good thing. However when the clock says 6:15 am I am not as motivated and very thankful for Brittany, who is eager and her energy and drive to run.

It's funny because I want to run this. I want to accomplish this. Yet, it is easier for me to joke about how I hate it, be grouchy about running and talk about the negatives about the whole thing. Each time it comes up I fall back on fear and talk about how hard it will be. Why? What am I afraid of? Failure? I shouldn't be because it's only 13.1 miles and I can do it. That's why I'm training. I know that I can make it in under 4 hours, that I can run over half of the miles. Sure, looking at the map is overwhelming, looking at the clock in the am is daunting and pushing up all the hills is really hard. But I can do it. I can. I know I can.

The second morning of running it was Brittany, myself and a friend visiting from MI, Jessie. It was nice to have the third person who is a good runner because her and Brittany could talk and I listened, which distracted me for the first whole mile. The whole run was easier than the first day. I jogged past the 2 mile mark/stop sign. My lungs hurt really bad on the big hill going up so I had to slow down to a fast walk. The positive about training in the mountains, so they say, is that when I get down to Fresno my lungs will be bigger/better.

This morning was much harder than the previous two. It might be because it's Friday and Kimberly and Jessie are here visiting so we talked LOTS and used up energy on Thursday. The 1st mile was long, the second mile even longer. My lungs hurt. I didn't keep jogging at the stop sign, I had to slow a bit to breath. I did jog more later on the way back.

This is hard.

I can do it though.

The journey, as most are, will be worth it. Friendships are being made, lungs expanded, hope increased and endurance pushed.

Comments

YEAH!!!
if i can figure out my arch problems... maybe i'll bet able to run it too!
keep posting! i want to hear about it ALL!!!
miss you!
krista said…
you see that person in the background of your picture that is walking? yeah. that would be me and that's you blazing by in the foreground. way to go!!
Anthony said…
inspire the world

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.