The Traditional Thanksgiving List

My list of 100 things I am thankful for. 
It's tradition. You should make one too, it's good for the spirit.

1. Running, who'da thought I'd enjoy it so much
2. The rain 
3. My friend Kimberly
4. Garden friends
5. Old university roommates
6. Good books
7. My brother, Christopher Reaves
8. My mom and her bravery
9. My dad and all his animals
10. Deli and her gift at helping me do my taxes
11. The Sierras
12. My Wawona family (even if I don't live with them anymore)
13. My Tchadian family, not a day goes by that I don't think about them
14. The ability to communicate with people in English, Spanish, French and a little bit of Kiswahili
15. Fires in the fireplace (even here in Tanzania)
16. Familiar fruit
17. Skype (sonyareaves is my skype name!)
18. Language dictionaries
19. My dog Tangawizi (yup, I got a dog and he's a beaut!)
20. Travel
21. The things I had to learn last summer
22. My summer camp families (Kulaqua, Alamisco, FLAG Camp, and Wawona)
23. Deep conversations
24. Friends who can be honest with me 
25. New friends in foreign countries
26. Student Missionaries
27. Zucchini bread
28. and it's recipe giver, Melissa/my birthday twin
29. Not knowing the future, despite what I may say I'm glad I don't know. It keeps me on my toes
30. My past, it's rough at times but it's also beautiful
31. Southern Adventist University, my alma mater  
32. God, who is filling all the voids in my life
33. People who are my family even if they aren't related by blood
34. Wild animals
35. Fresh fruit (not grocery store fresh, garden or farm fresh)
36. Beans and how they are in very country 
37. Adventures
38. Starting something bigger than myself
39. Prayers from people I don't know
40. My coworkers in this endeavor who are working hard back in the States
41. Candles
42. Toilets with running water
43. Electricity
44. Good books for when the electricity goes out
45. Cookies
46. Cookie dough
47. The mountains I can see from my neighborhood
48. Nail polish
49. Stories from my friends
50. Clean water to drink
51. Mosquito nets and how they make me feel lovely and old fashioned 
52. Really soft blankets
53. My old Bible and how I know where everything is and can find it when I need it
54. Nice smelling shampoo and conditioner
55. Visitors
56. Brand new crayons
57. PACKAGES!!!
58. MAIL!!!!!
59. Surprise conversations with friends on Skype
60. Star Lakes
61. Camping out
62. Sweet flowers that smell really good all night long
63. Steps to Christ
64. Stars
65. Orion and Pleidies, which I can see both here at my house, AMEN!
66. Photographs
67. Childhood memories
68. Baseball
69. Anti Itch Cream--Mosquitoes in Tanzania are vicious! 
70. Nice smelling lotion
71. Sweaters
72. Fall clothing
73. Marzipan (If you don't know what it is your life is missing something, go to world market and look for some)  
74. Photographs of my parents when they were young and in love.
75. Post-it-notes
75. Bible promises
78. Wireless internet and modems
79. Romantic sunrises
80. Sweet sunsets
81. Snow
82. Trees, especially really big ones
83. Christmas music
84. Laughing
85. Home made pop-tarts
86. My Grandpa and his deep faith in God
87. Flowers of all sorts of colors
88. Journals and re reading them and laughing at the silly things I thought were such a big deal at the time and seeing how God has lead in the past
89. Popcorn
90. Ugali porridge, it's kinda like cream of wheat
91. The classic oldness of Camp Wawona
92. Little kids yelling my name as I pass their house
93. Ice Cream (and yes I'm a vegan and yes I like to eat ice cream . . . )
94. Having a personal taylor to make my inventions
95. My friends, all of you
96. Knowing that some people read my blog, like Mom Weis :)
97. My growing kids from Honduras
98. Playing dress up with Andrea
99. Falling asleep
100. Waking up 

Comments

Brittany Lynn said…
Okay I like...

1, 12, 17, 21, 26, 32, 42, 46, 53, 58, 59.

And I like you...! :D
Andrea said…
101. African boys who try to hold my hand.

(You forgot that one. :)
Anonymous said…
Ah! This was awesome!
laSonya said…
Wow, Andrea how could I forget that one . . . if anyone in interested in the store just ask I'll be more than willing to share. . ..
i love number 3!!!
and Star Lakes
and popcorn
and all others!
i miss you!
this is a great idea!
i might make a list everyday!

ps i miss you always!
Anonymous said…
Yes please! I do want to know the story!
Jessica said…
I need to start this tradition! Maybe for Christmas this year.. You GOTTA DOG?! That's awesome! :D
Anonymous said…
What a great variety is on your list, Sonya. So glad that now we're back home with a fast internet connection. I can read your Blogs :) While in Florida I missed you. Now it will take some time to catch up. For some reason when I switch back and forth between your and Kristi and Max BLOGS my computer forgets that I have an account-hense annonymous with my name at the end.
Love you lady.
Marilee "Mom" Weis

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

500 stories.