Time.

top: 2011 friends from high school,
bottom: 2001 same friends in high school.




There is so much I want to share
Things I think about as I go through my day,
Funny, deep, whimsical and at times hot air
All are meant to share, if only I had my way

Can you come so I can share them with you?
Time is passing, the memories grow longer
The past will be like a flip-book to just glance through
Nevertheless the want and need grows stronger

Come today, or come tomorrow
I'm longing to share the days, minutes and to fully live
Take note; time is not ours to borrow
It is ours to share and ours to give

I'll wait awhile longer.
I'll wait till we can catch up on stories
I'll wait till my heart is stronger . . .

Oh, for Pete's sake, just get here already.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, Sonya you are truely something else-a poet and I didn't know it. Love the myriad of ways you write. Actually just plain love you, lady.
Marilee
Kim said…
Where's the like button? Lol. I miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.