A conversation with God


Sonya said to God, “Look, you tell me, ‘Lead and teach these people,’ but you don’t let me know whom you’re going to send with me. You tell me, ‘I know you well and you are special to me.’ If I am so special to you, let me in on your plans. That way, I will continue being special to you. Don’t forget, these are your students, your responsibility.”

God said, “My presence will go with you. I’ll see the school year to the end.”

Sonya said, “If your presence doesn’t take the lead here, call this school year off right now. How else will it be known that you’re with me in this, with me and your people? Are you teaching with us or not? How else will we know that we’re special, I and your students, among all other people on this planet Earth?”

God said to Sonya: “All right. Just as you say; this also I will do, for I know you well and you are special to me. I know you by name.”

Sonya said, “Please. Let me see your Glory.”

God said, “I will make my Goodness pass right in front of you; I’ll call out the name, God, right before you. I’ll treat well whomever I want to treat well and I’ll be kind to whomever I want to be kind.”

Exodus 33:12-28 (The Message/Sonya version)

Comments

Andrea said…
I wrote this same passage out in first person (in NLT) in my notebook back in August (except for the school year part). Great minds think alike. Or probably it's a great God who makes us think alike.
kessia reyne said…
What a good promise He gave you, Sonya!
Marilee said…
Bible verses pr other inspirational thoughts mean so much more when we put in our names. This is from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.
Sonya, as you live in close contact with Me,
the light of My presence
filters through you to bless others.
Your weakness and woundedness
are the openings through
which the light of the knowledge
of My Glory shines forth.
My strength and power
show themselves most effective
in your weakness. 1/23

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Almost nearly perfectly content.

Phase 2