Space


If you know me at all you know I love space, stars and I love to lie in my bed at night, look out my window and stare at Orion and feel a closer connection with God. In school we are studying creation and are on day number four, the day He created the sun, moon and stars. Ahh, how amazing and wonderful it would have been to be with God as He called each star into existence by name, by name, now that would have been beyond anything I could dream up.
"He counts the stars and calls them by name"
Psalms 147:4
Our class had a party this Thursday and to do something special we watched this clip of Sunita Williams in the space station. She’s flying, free of gravity hair products and eating astronaut ice cream! My students were as much in rapture as I was and we all decided we wanted to live in space.
So please watch this video, enjoy the wonders of space and know that when we get to heaven, we’ll be flying around in my zero gravity house eating astronaut ice cream.


Comments

Christoffer said…
Mostly I think I was just going to skim the video to just convince myself I'm still a little curious, but then I had watched the whole thing. Fascinating. I was actually getting quite uncomfortable a couple times with the thought of not having gravity. Almost like the opposite of claustrophobia or something. And I couldn't help thinking about Ender's Game the entire time. So cool!
dude, ditto with what chris said! i was just going to skip through... but it was way too cool i had to watch the whole thing!
Marilee said…
Interesting I haven't seen anything like that. Thanks for posting I can see how the kids would be very interested in it. I assumed that the space station would have been configured more like a regular room. Wonder how we will feel (physically) as we are taking a week to travel from earth to heaven.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.